MusicWorks Music Therapy at St. Katherine School
According to the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA), music therapy is the clinical and evidence-based use of music interventions to accomplish individualized goals within a therapeutic relationship by a credentialed professional who has completed an approved music therapy program.
At St. Katherine School, music therapy services are provided by MusicWorks.
Each class at St. Katherine has music therapy scheduled one session per week.
Sessions are facilitated by a Board Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC).
For St. Katherine students:
- Music therapy captivates and maintains attention.
- Music therapy makes learning, repetition and memorization enjoyable.
- Music therapy can create and emphasize a routine.
- Music therapy can reflect and adapt to each individual’s needs.
- Music therapy helps children with communication, cognition, behaviors, social skills and emotional regulation.
- Music therapy helps children increase word recognition, reading, mathematics and language processing skills.
- Music therapy stimulates all senses: multi-modal approach.
- Music therapy offers a quality learning and total engagement experience.
- Music therapy activities make kids feel better about themselves.
- Music therapy allows children to experience the “Joy of Play”.
- Music therapy enables and enhances socialization, self-expression, motor development and communication.
- Music therapy is FUN!